Pract•ad•goal is a word host Heather Holloway created. It is the sum total of the words ‘practical advancement goal.’ Her intention with this podcast is to teach entrepreneurs how to advance their careers with practical social media marketing advice.
Do you feel good in your clothes? Are you authentically and majestically you? Or do you have a closet full of black uniforms because that’s supposedly the only way to look in business?
Patsy Sanders, Master Hairstylist & Image Coach at Embracing Your Essence, inspires her clients to look and feel good with the element typing system and a color transformation. Her mission is to help others discover the joys of living in harmony with their unique style, showing up authentically and becoming the colorful mirror that reflects their gifts into the world.
Practadgoal Talking Points
[03:17] Patsy’s backstory: from color stylist to element typing evangelist.
- She once did a lot of color typing to match hair, skin, and eye colors with the seasons.
- While doing hair for a speaking coach, she learned about using element typing.
- When she began wearing the right colors for her, she started getting more work than before
- Eventually, she worked with her connections to train others in element typing, then she bought an element typing business and made her style guide and training program.
[11:49] Defining fashion as the key to gaining confidence.
- Patsy doesn’t see fashion as a size, an age, a brand name or a price tag
- Fashion is what makes you confident and approachable when you feel good
- No matter how someone lives, Patsy wants them to feel beautiful
[13:03] Patsy’s process for helping clients understand their closet.
- She starts with an educational session to explain our natural gifts and traits.
- People, on average, only wear about 25% or less of what’s in their closet, which are the clothes they like and feel comfortable wearing.
- Patsy helps people see the other 75% isn’t the right texture, color or fit for them.
[14:41] Explaining the four elements as natural gifts and traits.
- Air are the visionaries who have ideas.
- Water are the detail people who like process and order
- Fire want to get in and get stuff done, make it happen
- Earth are the editors who stand back, see what’s missing and finish things
- We use all of the elements in our lives but have one core element that defines us
[15:47] Tips from Patsy on color, energy and fashion trends.
- Your core element should define the color palette you wear for various purposes.
- People treat black as the uniform power color for all of business and fashion, but any dark color like eggplant or wine color does the same.
- Colors that aren’t in your element palette make you almost invisible to the world
- Light colors reflect and make you look big, which is why dark colors make you look small.
[21:47] Why Patsy is now doing the Style Power Hour.
- She’s holding free style sessions every Wednesday this month at 5
- Her goal is to help women feel like they can invest in themselves and feel confident
- When you discover your look and wear your colors, people will have an easier time connecting with and learning from you, allowing you to be a gift to the world
You: I want to be on social media, but don’t have the time or energy to create content!
Us: We know how that feels and here’s the solution! Our Content Bundle costs only $849 and gives you 20 posts with graphics AND copywriting material sent straight to you. Not only will it save you hours of work, the posts are ready for publishing!