Tap into limitless potential with the Social Media Success for Professionals podcast on mastering the art of lead generation on social media! Learn to capture attention and develop relationships with clients with proven and practical strategies. Plus, Heather will help you grow your brand voice and drive sales with creative content ideas. Listen now for free as we unlock a world full of possibilities!
In the modern age, anyone has the power to succeed in business with the FREE tool of content marketing. But now that we all have this opportunity to be seen, how do we make the most of it?
In this episode, organic marketing expert Tom Foster of Foster Web Marketing explains how to master your digital presence. To him, successful marketing is about achieving the perfect marriage of what you want and what your customers need.
To plan your organic social media strategy, download our free Content Calendar.
Social Media for Success for Professionals Talking Points
[2:04] Introduction to Tom Foster
- He’s an expert in organic marketing.
- It’s all about what people search for on the web.
- The Internet revolutionized the way we market
[5:44] Marketing is about responding to people’s urgent needs
- You have to know people’s needs, questions and innate desires.
- Websites must be positioned to answer these questions.
- Businesses try to put their brand first instead of prioritizing what people want.
[6:48] The way to address what your people need is CONTENT
- People go to the web searching for something.
- Small businesses now have the same tools as big brands.
- Only big companies could advertise on TV, radio and print.
- Anyone can advertise on the Internet without lots of money.
[8:47] Content marketing doesn’t cost you anything
- Time and creativity are all you need
- You help Google place your brand above all the noise.
- Big companies can buy Google privileges with PPC ads and keywords.
- Organic marketing is still a viable option.
[10:58] Small business owners need to compete using valuable info
- You need winning content if your budget isn’t as big as a large company.
- Use specific keywords and a unique voice to be seen.
- Stay consistent using blogs, landing pages and social media.
[11:51] The 2 things businesses need to strike a balance between
- Put out good content that is optimized and searchable.
- Appeal to the actual person who is reading the content.
[13:30] How to stand out online
- Don’t cast a wide net – focus on speaking to the right audience.
- Your clients will tell you everything, so listen to them instead of trying to convince them.
[16:12] Put out content that your audience wants, not just what you want
- Marry what you want and what they want together.
- People hate to be sold to, but they love to buy.
[18:20] How to work with Tom
- He specializes in lawyers and doctors.
Let go of the idea that you need to pay big bucks to get effective marketing. With these tips, you can make the most out of organic marketing to connect with your target audience and succeed.
And if you want another free boost to your marketing game, download our FREE Content Calendar! Say goodbye to wasting time brainstorming ideas and enjoy making your creation process a breeze.