Pract•ad•goal is a word host Heather Holloway created. It is the sum total of the words ‘practical advancement goal.’ Her intention with this podcast is to teach entrepreneurs how to advance their careers with practical social media marketing advice.
Email: it may not be the newest or flashiest form of online marketing, but it’s still so popular for a reason. Sending out newsletters to your digital mailing list is a tried-and-true way to get important information about your business in front of returning or potential clients.
But are your email newsletters as engaging and effective as they could be? Listen in to learn strategies for creating newsletters that bring both you and your audience value.
Practadgoal Talking Points
[0:51] Why emails are so effective
- Stay fresh in your audience’s minds.
- Send out marketing material, sales promotions, brand education & more.
- Reach hundreds or thousands of people with one click
[1:25] How to create emails that make your audience click and read
- Stand out from your competitors to avoid getting sent to spam mail.
- Once you secure contact info, be smart about how you use it.
[1:30] Keep it short and to the point
- Attention is limited
- Show your customer the value they will gain by reading immediately.
- Share stories but be concise and add some humor if you can.
[2:02] 90% educational, 10% promotional
- Avoid making each email a commercial
- Provide value first and then prompt your audience to do what you want
[2:30] Design your emails to be sleek and simple
- Make sure they look good on mobile.
- Less is more. Use graphics and easy-to-read text.
[2:56] Include a clear CTA
- Don’t get too clever.
- Get your reader to interact with your brand further.
- Tell them precisely what you want them to do.
[3:32] Subject lines need to tell readers what they will get out of the email
- Make it punchy and pepper in suspense.
- Recipients need to know why they should care to click and open.
[4:12] Add alt text to your images
- Not everyone will see your graphics.
- Make sure alternative text describes your images, especially if they include your CTA.
[4:42] Unsubscribe easily
- Don’t make it a frustrating scavenger hunt
- People will feel manipulated and taken advantage of
- Keeping inactive people on your list hurts you.
We hope these tips help you perfect your email newsletters and boost your business! We’ve got your back if you need extra help during the busy holiday season.