Pract•ad•goal is a word host Heather Holloway created. It is the sum total of the words ‘practical advancement goal.’ Her intention with this podcast is to teach entrepreneurs how to advance their careers with practical social media marketing advice.
Do you dream of leaving your corporate job to pursue your true passion? Or perhaps you’re a solopreneur who feels overwhelmed by the strain of your chosen challenging path?
Business expert Nell Tice is here to save the day with tips on finding not just success but happiness as you transition to entrepreneurship.
Nell resigned from her C-Suite level position at a coffee and tea company so she could go full-time into entrepreneurship. She has since become a best-selling author, international speaker, podcast host, and owner of her own business: enTICEing Media.
Practadgoal Talking Points
[1:50] Introduction to Nell and her intriguing backstory
- Why Nell left her secure, high-level job to pursue her passions
- Nothing beats having control of your happiness and finding autonomy.
- Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart– it involves adapting and changing.
- There’s no better time than the present to take action.
[4:05] How Nell founded enTICEing Media
- Video editing, videography, light commercial photography for branding/products
- She learns something new every single day.
[5:29] 5 Steps to transition to entrepreneurship
- Make the commitment: set dates, have concrete goals, and make them happen.
- Hold yourself accountable: tell everyone you know of your plans.
- Actually, do it: Nothing will change if you stay in the same place.
- Embrace the challenges: it is okay to learn from mistakes and rejection.
- Enjoy the journey: celebrate your wins, big or small
[10:38] How to hold yourself accountable
- Tell your friends and family your plans so that you will follow through on them.
- Put your dreams out into the universe to gain confidence.
- Only surround yourself with those who offer you mutual support on your journey.
[13:45] Getting yourself out of a rut
- Get ‘unstuck’ by feeding your mind with knowledge.
- The power of intentional meditation for healing
- Go for a walk and leave your phone at home.
[15:47] How to overcome your biggest challenges
- How Nell overcame a conflict with a client
- Realizing that every missed opportunity is not your fault
- Recognize that it just might not be the right time or the right client
- How yoga helps Nell be a more calm person
[20:20] How to celebrate your victories
- Indulge in experiences that are meaningful to you
- Treat yourself to things or events that make your heart happy.
- Include others in your celebrations by communicating
[21:55] How you can work with Nell
- Nell has an upcoming summit where you can network and become inspired.
For more about Nell Tice, visit www.enticeingmedia.com